The Bird in Hand Hotel
The original hotel was named ‘Maid of Australia Inn’, commissioned by Govenor Bligh, built around 181.
Nothing is known of what happened to the old pub, however the existing building was constructed in 1825 and kept the name ‘Maid of Australia Inn’, the name was changed to ‘Bird in Hand Inn’ around 1896. The Bird in Hand Inn was extended in 1887 to accommodate a kitchen, dining areas and out door areas.
Email Enquiry Form