Level 2 Restrictions Apply from 10 December
The biggest changes
- You can only use a watering can or bucket to water your garden before 10 am and after 4 pm.
- You can only use drip irrigation or smart watering systems for a maximum of 15 mins a day per watering zone, before 10 am and after 4 pm.
- You can only top up an existing pool or spa, using a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle, watering can or bucket for a maximum of 15 minutes a day. You can only do this to replace water lost through evaporation, not to replace water deliberately removed from the pool or spa.
- You can only wash your vehicles with a bucket and sponge.
- You need a permit to fill new or renovated pools and spas that hold more than 500 L.
Using drinking water for firefighting, testing and related activities is not restricted.
Find out about special exemptions for residential customers at the Sydney Water website.
The restrictions apply to everyone in Sydney, the Blue Mountains and the Illawarra. This includes all residents and businesses.
Charities, service providers and groups assisting bushfire-impacted communities...
Labor welcomes the announcement on the weekend of Government support t...
Millions of hectares of bush have been burned. Dozens of lives have been...
RSPCA NSW is providing relief and recovery assistance to animals that...
Leading folk festivals, events and musicians around the world have rallied...
Hills Ryde Best Limousine
Rapid Building Inspections Pty Ltd
Airport Shuttle Northwest
Hills Lodge Grand Mercure