Level 2 Restrictions Apply from 10 December
The biggest changes
- You can only use a watering can or bucket to water your garden before 10 am and after 4 pm.
- You can only use drip irrigation or smart watering systems for a maximum of 15 mins a day per watering zone, before 10 am and after 4 pm.
- You can only top up an existing pool or spa, using a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle, watering can or bucket for a maximum of 15 minutes a day. You can only do this to replace water lost through evaporation, not to replace water deliberately removed from the pool or spa.
- You can only wash your vehicles with a bucket and sponge.
- You need a permit to fill new or renovated pools and spas that hold more than 500 L.
Using drinking water for firefighting, testing and related activities is not restricted.
Find out about special exemptions for residential customers at the Sydney Water website.
The restrictions apply to everyone in Sydney, the Blue Mountains and the Illawarra. This includes all residents and businesses.
Image by Karolina Grabowska & Pezibear from Pixabay
This article archived 10 Feb 2020
September 19 - 20 is the Rural Fire Service’s (RFS) annual Get Ready W...
With many grain producers across NSW looking at an early and possibly...
Primary school teachers and students in the Hawkesbury-Nepean floodplain...
Dozens of family-owned and independent buses are on the brink of collapse,...
The NSW State Emergency Service (NSW SES) last month launched phase tw...
Nepean Office Furniture and Supplies
Bella Fiore Floral Designs
Centre for Training - CFT NSW (Rouse Hill)
Del Rio Riverside Resort